1 golf ball size portion of Christmas Moss
AKA Xmas Moss (Vesicularia montagnei)
- Christmas moss is beautiful but takes time to grow in, attach, and start looking all fluffy.
- Moss will have brown pieces mixed in, this is due to how it is grown and harvested. This is normal. We have grown this stuff like a champ in our tanks as well as client tank setups it just takes time to grow in.
It is initially grown on a mat at the plant farms and therefore doesn’t receive light on the bottom portion so there will be some brown strands mixed in with the green moss, this is normal and to be expected.
- Remember, moss is stringy at first almost like shredded paper or confetti, so it must be attached to something otherwise it will go everywhere in the tank and get sucked into the filter, it needs a chance to grow and attach to the surface you attach it to. Wrap the moss around whatever you would like to attach it to and give it time to grow in. You will need to use thread or something similar in to wrap around the moss and wood, rock, or whatever you attach it to it around the moss secure so it doesn’t float all over.
- Care: Easy
- Co2: No
- Growth rate: Fast
- Placement: Foreground
- Lighting requirements: Moderate
- Color: green
- Max size: Expands to very large size, must trim to keep at bay
- Propagation: cut or pull apart a portion